Brocade Visibility Manager
Simplified Management and Provisioning
Service providers and enterprises deploy Network Packet Brokers (NPBs) to build monitoring networks that feed replicated traffic flows from production networks to monitoring and analytics tools. These monitoring networks often have an expansive, layered footprint of aggregation and core NPBs distributed across the network, creating numerous operational challenges. As the number of management endpoints grows, provisioning, configuring, and upgrading NPBs become more timeconsuming and error-prone. In addition, several departments within the organization share the monitoring infrastructure, but each has its own visibility requirements. Providing access only to flows that are relevant to a particular group of users therefore becomes an important undertaking. With the growing adoption of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), these challenges now also extend into the realm of virtualized networking and monitoring infrastructures.
To effectively manage their NPB infrastructure, service providers and enterprises need a centralized and intuitive management application that can provide a single point of administration for all physical and virtual NPBs deployed in their networks.
Centralize Management of Network Visibility Infrastructure
Brocade Visibility Manager provides a centralized mechanism for managing Brocade Network Visibility products deployed network-wide. This software application features an easy-to-learn yet powerful point-and-click user interface that simplifies provisioning and maintenance, minimizing opportunities for human error. With a one-time deployment of Brocade Visibility Manager, new network visibility nodes can be brought under management with minimal effort as the visibility infrastructure scales out.
Brocade Visibility Manager also enables administrators to easily share rule configurations and transfer configuration ownerships among different groups within an organization. Additionally, operations staff can monitor performance metrics for the visibility infrastructure using the application’s real-time reporting capabilities.
- Improves productivity and helps reduce operating costs by automating discovery, configuration backups, and upgrades to Brocade Packet Brokers deployed network-wide
- Centralizes management of all Brocade Network Visibility products
- Simplifies maintenance and provisioning while minimizing opportunities for human error with an intuitive, point-and-click Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Provides granular configuration control at the device and port levels
- Supports integrations with thirdparty management applications via RESTful APIs
Single Pane of Glass
- Intuitive, point-and-click GUI helps provision, configure, and maintain Brocade Network Visibility products.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for inbound and outbound flows by port, line-card, or device.
- Enable third-party management tools to programmatically manage Brocade Network Visibility products with management APIs.
Role-Based Access Control
- User profiles and profile groups let you manage access to devices, functions, and reports.
- API-based integrations with external authentication systems eliminates redundant workflows.
- Automated device discovery, configuration backups, and upgrades for Brocade Network Visibility products.
Single Pane of Glass for Simplified Management and Provisioning
Simplify network operations with a centralized, easy to use, graphical user interface for provisioning, configuring, and maintaining Brocade Network Visibility portfolio products.
Enhance Operational Efficiency
Simplify management and reduce operational costs with a centralized and consistent management experience.
Minimize Human Error
Reduce disruption from human error with automation that abstracts management complexity, and an intuitive GUI that provides a consistent, easy to use management experience regardless of the underlying Command Line Interface (CLI) and device.
Scale at the Speed of Business
Scale your visibility infrastructure as rapidly as your business demands. Automated configuration reduces the time and resource requirements for provisioning, configuration and maintenance.
Deploy with Ease and Scale at the Speed of Business
Brocade Visibility Manager is deployed on commodity server hardware or virtual machines. Its software-based architecture enables scale, enhanced programmability (via RESTful APIs), and simplified deployment cycles. Key benefits of Brocade Visibility Manager include:
- Improved operational efficiency: The disaggregation of management and data plane functions ensures enhanced productivity, reduced operational costs, and improved operational efficiency.
- Simplified management: The centralized and intuitive approach to managing network visibility infrastructure reduces the learning curve as well as the time and effort required to provision, configure, and maintain the visibility infrastructure.
- Reduced opportunity for human error: The consistent and repeatable management approach abstracts the complexity and diversity of varied underlying Command Line Interfaces (CLI). This minimizes disruption from human error.
- Scale at the speed of business: With reduced time and resource requirements for the deployment, provisioning, and maintenance of the visibility infrastructure, service providers and enterprises can scale their monitoring infrastructure as rapidly as the business demands.
Manage Visibility across the Network
Key features of Brocade Visibility Manager include:
- Single point of management: Provision, configure, and maintain all Brocade Network Visibility products in the network with an intuitive, point-and-click graphical user interface (see Figure 3).
- Hierarchical management framework for granular control: Configure Brocade Packet Brokers at the device, line-card, and port levels.
- Visibility infrastructure monitoring and reporting: Monitor numerous metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for inbound and outbound flows at each port. View aggregated metrics and KPIs by line card and device. Define alarms and notifications in order to be alerted when critical monitoring thresholds are exceeded (see Figure 4).
- RESTful APIs for programmatic management: Control and monitor Brocade Network Visibility products with any homegrown or third-party management application using RESTful management APIs exposed by Brocade Visibility Manager.
- Role-based access control: Manage access to devices, functions, and reports by defining user profiles and profile groups. Assign access to resources by profile to ensure that access is clearly delineated and restricted only to authorized users.
- External authentication: Authenticate users by integrating Brocade Visibility Manager with external authentication systems. External authentication can be configured on a per-user basis.
- Automated discovery, backups, and upgrades: Create automated jobs to discover new devices, back up configurations, and upgrade the Brocade Network Visibility infrastructure. View any archived configuration in a configuration viewer tool (see Figure 5).
Figure 3: Single pane of glass for centralized management.
Figure 4: Monitoring and reporting.
Figure 5: Automated discovery, backups, and upgrades
Brocade Network Visibility Solutions
Brocade Network Visibility solutions help mobile operators monitor, secure, analyze, and monetize their physical and virtual networks at scale, as they begin their journey to 5G. With programmable hardware packet brokers and the industry’s first full-featured software packet broker, Brocade delivers a best-in-class network visibility solution built for the most demanding networks.
Brocade Global Services
Brocade Global Services has the expertise to help organizations build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructures. Leveraging 20 years of expertise in storage, networking, and virtualization, Brocade Global Services delivers worldclass professional services, technical support, and education services, enabling organizations to maximize their Brocade investments, accelerate new technology deployments, and optimize the performance of networking infrastructures.
Acquisition Options That Match Balance Sheet Objectives
Successful network deployments drive business forward, providing technical and financial agility. Brocade offers the broadest financing models, from traditional leasing to Brocade Network Subscription. Network-as-a-Service allows organizations to subscribe to network assets today then upgrade on demand, scale up or down, or return them with 60-day notification. Brocade Network Subscription plans can be structured to meet IASC guidelines for OpEx or CapEx treatment to align with financial goals.
To help optimize technology investments, Brocade and its partners offer complete solutions that include professional services, technical support, and education.
Brocade Visibility Manager Deployment Architecture
Brocade Visibility Manager Server Requirements
|Component||Minimum Specification||Recommended Specification|
|CPU||8-core 2 GHz processor||16-core 2 GHz processor|
|RAM||16 GB||32 GB|
|HDD||128 GB||128 GB|
|OS||RHEL release 7.2 or CentOS release 7.2|
Download the Brocade Visibility Manager Datasheet(PDF).