Brocade Analytics Monitoring Platform
24-Port 16 Gbps Fibre Channel Switch with Two 10 GbE ports
Click here to jump to more pricing!
Please Note: All Prices are Inclusive of GST
Breakthrough Analytics for Optimized SANs
Organizations are facing unprecedented data growth, pressure to transform IT into an economic engine, and demands for actionable intelligence. To achieve these objectives, administrators need tools that can provide real-time predictive, advanced, and operational analytics not available in legacy SAN platforms. Specifically, they need to be able to pinpoint a problem anywhere—from an application to a storage system—and provide trend analysis to understand the severity of the problem. Although third-party tools can provide device- and applicationlevel performance visibility, such solutions are extremely costly, highly disruptive, permanently invasive, and do not typically provide direct visibility into all devices.
The Brocade Analytics Monitoring Platform provides advanced storage telemetry, including storage device I/O performance, latency, and other SCSI metrics, across the network. Leveraging Brocade Fabric Vision technology, this platform ensures non-stop operations, identifies potential points of congestion, and maximizes end-to-end application performance.
- Enables deployment of application and device performance analytics within minutes, without downtime
- Monitors the behavior and response time of any device without the performance impacts caused by highly invasive physical taps
- Identifies anomalies and ensures predictable performance through benchmarks of latency, IOPS, and pending I/O metrics
- Generates customized reports with realtime and historical events to correlate and summarize trends for behavior analysis
- Benchmark metrics such as latency, IOPS, and pending I/O to identify anomalies and help ensure predictable performance
- Brocade Analytic Switch Link (ASL) and vTaps eliminate the need for highly invasive physical taps that impact performance through light degradation
- Automatically discover and deploy monitoring of server/storage flow pairs in a fabric
- Generate customized real-time and historic reports to correlate and summarize trends and specific events
- Quickly identify problems with on-demand, non-disruptive diagnostics of server, storage, and fabric devices
- Leverage integrated device-level metrics and fabric behavior for complete visibility of the entire environment
- Create thresholds and automate alerts of application behavior for early problem detection
Maximize Gen 5 Fibre Channel Application Performance
Get the actionable intelligence you need to maximize performance across the data center and ensure application delivery SLAs. The Brocade Analytics Monitoring Platform is a purpose-built SAN appliance for measuring application performance and traffic behavior in a Brocade Gen 5 Fibre Channel network.
Breakthrough application-level performance monitoring capabilities integrated with Brocade Gen 6 and 5 Fibre Channel technology provide non-invasive, zero-downtime visibility into host, fabric, and storage performance.
Quickly identify problems with non-disruptive analytics data correlation and reporting to dramatically reduce troubleshooting time. Leverage integrated device-level metrics and fabric behavior for complete visibility of the entire environment.
Get in-depth, fabric-wide monitoring at half the cost of alternative solutions. Brocade virtual Taps (vTaps) eliminate cable splicing, reduce deployment time to minutes, and scale cost-effectively to tens of thousands of application data flows.
IT organizations with large, complex, or highly virtualized data center environments often experience symptoms of a problem from a single source. Such symptoms usually go unnoticed until they become severe enough to disrupt operations. To detect these problems early on and ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), administrators need tools that can proactively identify performance issues across the SAN.
The Analytics Monitoring Platform includes several breakthrough diagnostic and monitoring capabilities integrated into Brocade Gen 6 and Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology to non-invasively provide visibility into application, host, fabric, and storage performance. The Analytics Monitoring Platform delivers:
- Application-level performance monitoring with zero downtime
- SCSI command behavior and response time monitoring of any device without impacting distance or link integrity, unlike physical taps that cause light degradation
- Normal device behavior learning by measuring time to first response, exchange completion time, read/write IOPS, and pending or outstanding I/Os to ensure predictable performance and flag unusual behavior or potential problems
- The ability to discover and deploy monitoring automatically to tens of thousands of initiator/target and initiator/ target/LUN pairs in a fabric
With an ever-increasing number of workloads in virtualized environments, a large quantity of minor errors in the network, such as CRC or Class 3 discard errors, can lead to congestion, a decline in performance, or outages. To correlate these errors into actionable intelligence, administrators are often forced to use invasive tools that impact optical light strength, reducing the distance hardware can be apart.
To keep pace with troubleshooting these environments, IT administrators need in-depth visibility and advanced analytics data in order to make intelligent decisions. Moreover, they need to access this endto-end data without impacting operations. The Analytics Monitoring Platform provides 100 percent non-disruptive analytics data collection to dramatically simplify troubleshooting. Key features include:
- Customizable reports to correlate metrics and events and summarize trends for behavior analysis
- On-demand, non-disruptive diagnostics of server, storage, and fabric devices to help quickly pinpoint problems
- Integrated device-level and fabric behavior metrics to provide visibility into the entire environment and simplify correlation of performance problems
- Granular threshold settings and automated alerts of unusual device behavior to enable early problem detection
To meet the demands of application and data growth, organizations are deploying virtualized and cloud environments with the trade-offs of increased costs, complexity, and potential downtime. The Analytics Monitoring Platform leverages Brocade Gen 6 and Gen 5 Fibre Channel and Fabric Vision technology to deliver in-depth, fabric-wide metrics at half the cost of alternative solutions while reducing complexity and the risk of downtime.
The Analytics Monitoring Platform uses Analytic Switch Links (ASLs) to gain access into a Gen 6 or Gen 5 Fibre Channel fabric, and non-invasive virtual taps at the edge of the storage and server path to monitor performance data and device behavior. This architecture provides flexibility and scalability, from a few application data flows to tens of thousands of flows. In addition, the Analytics Monitoring Platform:
- Reduces the time to deploy advanced monitoring and analytics from days or weeks to minutes
- Automates monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting tasks to save administrators critical time
- Scales out analytics for large environments without additional OpEx to maximize ROI
- Integrates with existing Brocade Network Advisor, Fabric Vision technology, and Brocade Fabric OS CLI tools to reduce the learning curve and save OpEx
Monitoring, Management, and Reporting
The Analytics Monitoring Platform can be configured in minutes with Brocade Network Advisor. Ongoing operations are also simplified with automated workflows for key configuration tasks, such as flow mirroring. Users can visually correlate I/O latency metrics in real time using the standard analytics dashboard and customize their views to include other Brocade Fabric Vision metrics. To accelerate troubleshooting, administrators can use dashboard playback to spot potential event triggers, and use drill-down functionality for more detailed root-cause analysis. To facilitate proactive management, Brocade Network Advisor helps users spot trends, establish baselines, and determine behavioral threshold settings. Reports can be generated to show granular or summary data, so that storage teams can demonstrate compliance with performance SLAs.
Professional Services for the Brocade Analytics Monitoring Platform
Brocade offers a variety of professional services for the Analytics Monitoring Platform. These services include physical implementation and configuration, initial setup of monitoring, tuning, reporting, and optimization to maximize network performance. Based on years of practical experience and best practices developed in a wide range of storage networking environments, Brocade Professional Services are designed to align with key business requirements while minimizing the impact and cost to the entire organization.
Brocade Global Services
Brocade Global Services has the expertise to help organizations build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructures. Leveraging 15 years of expertise in storage, networking, and virtualization, Brocade Global Services delivers worldclass professional services, technical support, network monitoring services, and education, enabling organizations to maximize their Brocade investments, accelerate new technology deployments, and optimize the performance of networking infrastructures.
To help optimize technology investments, Brocade and its partners offer complete solutions that include professional services, technical support, and education.
|Analytics Monitoring Platform Specifications|
|Firmware||Brocade FOS AMP OS|
|Ports||24 ports, 16 Gbps, Fibre Channel (for AE_Ports used for Analytic Switch Links, or ASLs, and AF_Ports) and two 10 GbE ports (unused)|
|Fibre Channel performance||8.5 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 14.025 Gbps line speed, full duplex; auto-sensing 8 Gbps and 16 Gbps port speeds|
|Fibre Channel port types||AF_Port, AE_Port, D_Port (Diagnostic), and self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port)|
|USB||One USB port for system log file downloads or firmware upgrades|
|Media types||Fibre Channel: Brocade hot-pluggable Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) and SFP+, Short Wavelength (SWL) transceivers for 8 Gbps and 16 Gbps SFPs|
|Fabric services||Fabric Vision technology|
|Licensing options||Pre-installed Analytic Capacity upgrade license, pre-installed Advanced Analytics Management license|
|Supported management software||SSH v2, HTTP/HTTPS, SNMP v1/v3, Telnet; SNMP (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Brocade Network Advisor SAN Enterprise or Brocade Network Advisor Professional Plus; Command Line Interface (CLI); NTP|
|Security||DH-CHAP (between switches and end devices), FCAP switch authentication; HTTPS, IP filtering, LDAP with IPv6, OpenLDAP, Port Binding, RADIUS, TACACS+, user-defined Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Secure Copy (SCP), SFTP, SSH v2, SSL, Switch Binding, Trusted Switch|
|Management access||10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); serial port (RJ-45) and one USB port|
|Diagnostics||POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including D_Port|
|Enclosure||Back-to-front airflow; 2U, 19-in., EIA-compliant, power from back|
|Size||Width: 44 cm (17.32 in.)
Height: 8.64 cm (3.4 in.)
Depth: 60.9 cm (24.0 in.)
|System weight||20 kg (44.2 lb) with two power supplies, without SFP/SFP+ and without media
20.07 kg (44.25 lb) with two power supplies, without SFP/SFP+ and with media
|Temperature||Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-operating: -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
|Humidity||Operating: 10% to 85% (non-condensing)
Non-operating: 10% to 90% (non-condensing)
|Altitude||Operating: Up to 3000 m (9842 ft)
Storage: Up to 12 km (39,370 ft)
|Shock||Operating: 20 g, 11 ms, half-sine
Non-operating: 33 g, 11 ms, half-sine, 3/eg Axis
|Vibration||Operating: 1.0 g sine, 0.5 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
Non-operating: 2.4 g sine, 1.1 grms random 5 to 500 Hz
|Airflow||Maximum: 158 CFM|
|Power supply||Dual hot-swappable redundant power supplies|
|Power inlet||C14; requires C13 plug|
|Input voltage||90 to 264 VAC nominal|
|Input line frequency||47 to 63 Hz nominal|
|Inrush current||Maximum of 40 amps for period of 10 to 150 ms|
|Power||Short-range optics: 355 W; 16 Gbps SWL optics, fans at nominal speed, two power supplies|
Download the Brocade Analytics Monitoring Platform Datasheet (PDF).
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.